Details on the 2023 sale
The sale takes place during the Carnation Festival, Saturday, August 5 through Wednesday, August 9. Special note: This year's Book Sale will be at the Alliance Commons (the former Neighborhood Center) and NOT at Rodman Public Library. The Alliance Commons is located at 405 S. Linden Ave. (Across the street from the library). Here are the dates and times for 2023:
- Saturday, August 5: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Friends Members only - memberships available at the door)
- Sunday, August 6: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Open to the public
- Monday, August 7: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 8: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Special raffle giveaway with purchase)
- Wednesday, August 9: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Pay by donation all day.)
- Hardback: $1.00 each
- Children's books (hardback or paperback): $.25 each
- Paperback: $ .50 each
- Magazines: $ .10 each/12 for $1.00
- CDs: $1.00 per disc
- DVDs: $1.00 each
Items for sale include books, paperbacks, computer software, DVDs, CDs, books on CD, magazines, and puzzles.
A listing of collectible books is also available. The collectible books are available throughout the year. For more information, call the Rodman Public Library at 330-821-2665.
Funds raised during the book sale are used to buy equipment for the Library, fund special projects, and for general library programming.
The Friends organization looks forward to the community's support of the Used Book Sale project.
Thank you for making the sale such a big success. See you at this year's sale.