If you like to read, Rodman Library has a book club for you – no matter your age.
Two new clubs are starting this fall, including a Kids Book Club for those ages 8-12 and the True Crime Junkies for all ages who enjoy that genre.
KIDS BOOK CLUB
Selections for the Kids Book Club, which will meet from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month starting in September, are as follows:
- Sept. 15 — The 13-Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths.
- Oct. 20 — Malcolm at Midnight by W.H. Beck.
- Nov. 17 — Sweeping Up the Heart by Kevin Henkes.
- Dec. 15 — OCDaniel by Wesley King.
Books are available for extended checkout at the Children’s Department. Registration is required for each session at
rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or contact the Children’s Department at 330-821-2665 ext. 223.
TRUE CRIME JUNKIES
The True Crime Junkies will meet at 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month starting in October.
The first three selections members will read are:
- Oct. 19 — I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara.
- Nov. 16. — Hope: A Memoir of Survival in Cleveland by Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Mary Jordan, and Kevin Sullivan on
- Dec. 21 — Phantom Prince: My Life with Ted Bundy by Elizabeth Kendall’s for the meeting
Copies of each book are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information about the True Crime Junkies, call 330-821-2665, ext. 215.
TEEN BOOK CLUB
The Teen Book Club that meets at 4:00 p.m. on the third Monday of the month in the Main Library conference room.
The following are the selected titles for the remainder of 2021:
- Aug. 16 — Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Sept. 20 — The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Oct. 18 — Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- Nov. 15 — Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston
- Dec. 20 — Chasing Starlight by Teri Bailey Black
Copies of all books are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through Axis 360, Hoopla (audiobook), or the Ohio Digital Library.
For more information, call 330-821-2665 ext. 217.
BOOKS AND COFFEE
The Books and Coffee Book Club meets at 10:30 a.m. every third Thursday of the month at Rodman Branch Library.
Selections for the remainder of 2021 are:
- Aug. 19 — Clock Dance by Anne Tyler
- Sept. 16 — The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict
- Oct. 21 — Westering Women by Sandra Dallas
- Nov. 18 — Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris
- Dec. 16 — Mr. Dickens and His Carol by Samantha Silva
Copies of each book are available at the Main and Branch libraries, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information, call 330-821-1313.
EVENING BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
The Evening Book Discussion Group meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
The group has announced its next three selections:
- Aug. 23 — Musical Chairs by Amy Poeppel
- Sept. 27 — The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
- Oct. 25 — The Trouble With Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon
For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 107.