|Dates & times||
|Registration & more information||https://rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup/eventdetails?eventid=8192&lib=1001|
Children attending Storytime at the Rodman Branch Library will go on an adventure each week as marine biologists.
Children, ages 3 and up, will explore a different aquatic creature each week as part of RPL's Oceans of Possibilities summer reading program.
Storytime at the Branch sessions are held each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m and 11:30 a.m. The 45-minute sessions include songs, stories and a different activity each week. Each storytime concludes with a short video highlighting the sea animal of the day.
Kids are encouraged to bring a beach towel to sit on each week. After each session, they will be awarded a brag tag for attending. At the end of the eight weeks, those who have attended all of the storytimes will have an entire necklace of brag tags.
During the June 8 storytime - Dive Into Reading! - children will get their feet wet by talking about the ocean and read about a few fish. The activity will be a science experiment that will explore how fish breathe.
Topics for subsequent storytime sessions and their special activities are:
- June 15 - Jellyfish with a fruit cup jellyfish craft.
- June 22 - Walrus with a walrus treasure hunt.
- June 29 - Seahorse with a seahorse painting craft.
- July 6 - Penguins with an egg drop experiment.
- July13 - Narwhal with a narwhal wheel craft
- July 20 - Polar bear with a "who has the ice cube?" game.
- July 27 - Sharks with a shark headband craft.
No registration is required to attend Storytime at the Branch, which is supported by Friends of Rodman Public Library.
For more information, call 330-821-1313.